Anything helps. I am not trying to pan-handle. All profits go towards the family trip.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 158


I have been really, really busy since my last post. Sorry for the delay. After the Newstead Live music festival, my family and I went to a winery in Miamia to work. It was a pretty hard job, but It wasn’t all bad. We made a little money and got to drive tractors and see what farm life was like. We stayed for close to a week before getting a transfer car to Adelaide and one from there to Perth. We made a lot of great stops along the way. We got to see Bells Beach and more. I have taken quite a few pictures and will post them when I have better wifi (I only have it for a few minutes). We also made a nice stop in Ceduna and went to the Wombat and Fauna Rescue Homestead. It is run solely on donations and houses an array of rare animals. I also have some pictures from there.

On the way to Perth we had to drive through the Nullabar. It is a pretty outbacky road with very little along it, other than kangaroos, emus, and road trains. It also includes the longest piece of straight road in Australia, which we got to drive along (about 149 km). We also met some really friendly people from all over the world on our journey. Our best stop, in my opinion, was to the Cape le Grand National Park. Out of all the wonderful beaches here, it was voted Australia’s best beach last year. We went to Thistle Cove, which was slightly out of the way, and thought we were in heaven. The sand was the whitest we had ever seen and the water the clearest. There were almost no people there and just enough waves for bodysurfing. We have even more photos from there. We are turning in the transfer car to Perth tomorrow and are looking for jobs along the way. If we can find work for a while, we could some money for the rest of the trip, so our fingers are crossed. I will upload recent pictures as soon as I have better internet. Until then…

No comments:

Post a Comment